Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MAKING A GLASS FISH TANK (PART 1)


I got friendly with an aquarium owner and he showed me the way of making glass fish tanks. I think glass fish tanks are the ideal tanks for an aquarium. It is not messy as making cement tanks and it is easy to handle.

I made glass tank of 4 ‘x1 ½ ‘x 1 ½ dimension and as the tank was large I had to use ¼ “thick glass panes. You need three glass panes 4’ long and 1 ½’ wide for the sides. For the narrow two sides you need 1 ½ ‘long and 1.25 ½ wide glass panes. To accommodate the two long sides you have to deduct or cut off the width of the two long side glass panes ( ¼” + ¼”) = ½ (If you go to the glass merchant and say that you need pieces of glass cut for making 4’x1 ½ x 1 ½ size fish tank he will cut the glass for correct size).

0 comments:

Post a Comment